Make an adorable musical sleepy toy with this complete punch needle DIY kit. Punch needle is an easy and fun embroidery technique. This sleepy egg is perfect in the crib: with it’s soothing lullaby and sweet ‘asleep’ and ‘awake’ face, this will be a favoured comfort toy. Includes ribbons to hang off the side of the crib. It’s a very personal gift for a new baby arrival.
This kit contains a tried and tested easy illustrated manual, enabling you to create this fun heirloom even if you are a complete beginner to punch needling. This kit is super-complete and will allow you to start punching straight away!
- Difficulty: ambitious beginner to intermediate crafter
- Skills required: punch needling (full beginner-level instructions included), simple hand sewing
- Time to complete: approximately 5-10 hours
- Contents of kit: Premium wooden adjustable punch needle with 3 needle sizes, wooden embroidery hoop, eco-dyed white jute punch needle fabric, 100% virgin wool stuffing, 100% cotton punch needle yarn, textile glue, wooden ring, cotton twill tape, music box, sewing needles, sewing pins, 100% cotton sewing yarn, marker, punch needle threader, illustrated manual, paper pattern
- Finished dimensions: 13 cm x 16.5 cm x 7 cm excluding pull cord with wooden ring and excluding cotton ribbon
This punch needle kit contains everything you need to make a very special musical crib toy. This kit is suitable for beginners since it explains the punch needle and toy assembly process from start to finish. The toy is made from high quality eco-dyed Spanish jute. The stuffing is all-natural 100% virgin wool sourced in the Netherlands. The kit includes 100% cotton yarn in all required colours.
All materials are included, from quality fabrics to sewing pins. If you gift this kit, the recipient can start sewing their project the very same day. The only additional tools needed are some scissors. We included a high-quality woorden punch needle with three needle thicknesses, so that you can reuse the needle for future projects. The music box in this kit plays the well-loved ‘Brahm’s lullaby’ tune.
The included manual is thoroughly tested and easy to follow, with clear illustrations and tips. Of course, if you do get stuck, Mamahoela is here to help: please reach out anytime, with any question. We want you to be proud of the result, no matter your skill level!
The signature design of this fun character was drawn especially for Mamahoela by the talented Sue Doeksen. These fresh colours and simple shapes will complement any modern nursery and the sweet face will provide comfort to babies everywhere.
As in all Mamahoela kits, we included only the best sustainable materials. All yarn is 100% cotton. Punch needle fabric is 100% jute from Spain, stained white with ecologically safe technology. Jute is a very low-impact textile which requires no pesticides. Stuffing is 100% virgin wool sourced in the Netherlands. Textile glue is solvent free. All parts are safely packaged using only paper materials.
Important: this DIY kit is intended for adults. It is not a toy: it includes sharp objects like sewing pins.
Care: spot clean only